Tribal Membership Card
How to Apply
There are two options to submit an application:
- Email: Send a completed application along with all required documents to email@example.com. The fee and the self-addressed stamped envelope will need to be mailed as we cannot accept it through email.
- Postal Mail: Mail the application and documentation to: Abenaki Nation of Missisquoi, 100 Grand Avenue, Swanton, VT 05488.
Incomplete applications will not be processed. Please include the following items with the application:
- Identification: A copy of the applicant's Birth Certificate. We no longer can accept Driver's IDs or Student's IDs. We do not accept Social Security Numbers.
- Photograph: A clear and recent photo of the applicant.
- Mailing: A self-addressed stamped envelope.
- Processing Fee: A non-refundable $20 fee. We only accept cash, check, or money order. Please mail the fee to us at Abenaki Nation of Missisquoi, 100 Grand Avenue, Swanton, VT 05488, or it can be dropped off at the Tribal Office Headquarters into our secured mailbox or during our office hours.
The $20 processing fee contributes directly to Tribal funds, supporting necessities like ink and card stock.
- Cards Issued Pre-2016: Cards issued before 2016 need to be updated due to recent changes.
- Profile Changes: Had a name or address change? Make sure to update the application accordingly.
If interested in a Hunting and Fishing application, simply indicate this on the Tribal Member Card application at the bottom of the front page.