The 2022 Scholarship was awarded to Gracie Gover! Congratulations Gracie!
The Abenaki Nation of Missisquoi will award at least one scholarship of up to $1,000 each year to an Abenaki high school senior at Missisquoi Valley Union High School who has been accepted to a four-year college, community college or trade school. All scholarship awards will be paid directly to the recipient and must be used for college expenses, such as tuition and books. To apply for and be considered for the scholarship eligible students will submit an application, including a 500-word essay answering the question, that is chosen by the grant committee. Essays will be read by the scholarship committee, which is a panel of community members. Scholarships will be provided directly to the student(s) with half of the scholarship being awarded prior to the start of the Fall semester, and the second half of the scholarship provided upon completion of the first semester. Before funds are dispersed, students will need to send proof of enrollment for the first and subsequent semester to email@example.com.
1. Applicant must be a full time student of Missisquoi Valley Union Highschool.
2. Applicant must be in good academic standing.
3. Applicants must be accepted into either a Trade School or a 2-4 year college.
2. Student Essay
• Demonstrates complex and insightful critical thinking
• Provides a creative and original exploration of the question given
• Correct grammar
1. A completed application form
2. A 500 word essay detailing the essay question that the committee has chosen.
Submission of Application
1. Submit application and essay to your guidance counselor.
Questions about the application process may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to submit is